I love to cook! I have been a caterer and I am passionate about providing a comfortable atmosphere complete with excellent tasting food for those I love. The drawback: my yummy recipes are high in fat and don’t look good on me.

I want to try to compile great tasting food that is also healthy. Being accountable to you, the reader, will motivate me to continue my goals.

Here are my goals:

1. To be thin! OK, I am 56. Thin is out of my picture, but I want to be a comfortable size 10 or 12.

2. To enjoy the healthier recipes enough that they will remain a lifetime part of my cooking.

3. To reach out to others on a similar path.

Here is what I want to blog:
1. My road to a new and healthier body (weights and measurements).
2. Daily food and exercise along the way (pictures added).
3. The recipes and cost ($) of the food (calorie counts).

Beginning January 1, 2011, for one month I will try out a new low fat recipe everyday and blog my findings. Please share your thoughts. After 1 month, and I am successful, I would like to do a complete makeover on my yummy cook book.

Here I go!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Cleanse

I went to the store this morning and purchased all of the food that I needed for the cleanse. The cost at Smiths was $39.87. I drank the honey-lemon water. It was OK. I can do this for 3 days........

Everything ready to go for the first meal of the day.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! This was so yummy. Can I have this all day long? I can definately do this for the 3 days. Even the grandkids liked this.

Here is lunch and snack for the rest of the day.
YUCK! This tastes terrible. I am eating it 1 tablespoon at a time. Any more and I will throw up.
I added way to much garlic. As I sit here eating my tablespoon at a time, the garlic is all that I am tasting. GAG! But I will eat until it is gone. I will have figure out how to make it taste better if I want to last the full 3 days. It is definately helping me to drink more water though. Ü

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I want to have some of the strawberry one. Sorry about the garlic one, I know you can do it. Try a clothespin on your nose!! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete