I love to cook! I have been a caterer and I am passionate about providing a comfortable atmosphere complete with excellent tasting food for those I love. The drawback: my yummy recipes are high in fat and don’t look good on me.

I want to try to compile great tasting food that is also healthy. Being accountable to you, the reader, will motivate me to continue my goals.

Here are my goals:

1. To be thin! OK, I am 56. Thin is out of my picture, but I want to be a comfortable size 10 or 12.

2. To enjoy the healthier recipes enough that they will remain a lifetime part of my cooking.

3. To reach out to others on a similar path.

Here is what I want to blog:
1. My road to a new and healthier body (weights and measurements).
2. Daily food and exercise along the way (pictures added).
3. The recipes and cost ($) of the food (calorie counts).

Beginning January 1, 2011, for one month I will try out a new low fat recipe everyday and blog my findings. Please share your thoughts. After 1 month, and I am successful, I would like to do a complete makeover on my yummy cook book.

Here I go!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

ENCHILADA CASSEROLE 218 Calories per serving

This Recipe was also from "Recipes to Lower Your Fat Thermostat". page 238

It was OK. I don't think kids would like it a lot and if people in your family have to have meat in their dinners, they will not like it for a main dish. It was very labor intensive, more time than I like to put in to such a simple just 'OK' dish. But, all in all, the taste was good, it is healthy, and fit in the calorie count that I am looking for.

When I asked Ron (my husband) if he liked it, the first thing he said was "somethings missing". I didn't tell him and after the next bite he said, "meat". We both thought it would taste better with meat. Maybe I can find a recipe that calls for meat that is low in calorie. I will start searching. Will I make this again? probably not. After saying that, I will not add the recipe (because it is so long) unless someone asks for it. So if you are interested, let me know.

Tomorrow's menu:
Breakfast:Crepes with fruit filling (I have never made crepes before)
Lunch: Left over Enchiladas
Dinner: Ham and Bean Soup with homemade whole wheat bread.

1 comment:

  1. try adding ground turkey, less calories than hamburger. I love meat-less dishes, and I have a great veggie lasagna, I will have to share sometime!

    ReplyDelete