I love to cook! I have been a caterer and I am passionate about providing a comfortable atmosphere complete with excellent tasting food for those I love. The drawback: my yummy recipes are high in fat and don’t look good on me.

I want to try to compile great tasting food that is also healthy. Being accountable to you, the reader, will motivate me to continue my goals.

Here are my goals:

1. To be thin! OK, I am 56. Thin is out of my picture, but I want to be a comfortable size 10 or 12.

2. To enjoy the healthier recipes enough that they will remain a lifetime part of my cooking.

3. To reach out to others on a similar path.

Here is what I want to blog:
1. My road to a new and healthier body (weights and measurements).
2. Daily food and exercise along the way (pictures added).
3. The recipes and cost ($) of the food (calorie counts).

Beginning January 1, 2011, for one month I will try out a new low fat recipe everyday and blog my findings. Please share your thoughts. After 1 month, and I am successful, I would like to do a complete makeover on my yummy cook book.

Here I go!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Breakfast was good. 134 calories for the eggs, 69 calories for the bread and 20 calories for the grapefruit for a total of 223 calories for breakfast.

Actually, all this turned out to be was my normal glorified scrambled eggs. I just decided not to bake it in the oven as the recipe called for. I used 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg, 1/4 cup cubed ham, 1/2 cup broccoli. 1 2mall tomato and 1/4 cup diced red onion. I sauteed all of the vegetables except the tomato, added the ham after the veggies were almost done. About 5 minutes. after adding the ham, I poured the beaten eggs over the top and mixed together. When the eggs ere done, I sprinkled a little Weight Watchers cheese added diced tomatoes and enjoyed the feast! I added a slice of whole wheat bread and 1/2 of a grapefruit. It was a great breakfast.

This was lunch. It is hard to measure my veggies on the salad. As most of them don't really add many calories, I just counted the crab. It is imitation crab and 1/2 cup is 100 calories. The green olives are 25 calories each. I ate one and did not like it so gave the rest of them to Ron. The dressing was non fat. I don't remember what kind it was.


It was good, but I am not really in a salad mood yet so this did not 'fill the spot' for me today. I think maybe because it is so cold outside (snowy) and a cold salad was too cold.



Dinner was nothing special. Some of my grandchildren came over and so I ended up just throwing something together. Nothing that was low fat I fear. I did go to a baby shower and a birthday party today and I did not eat any of the goodies. So that is good.


Sunday's Menu will is up in the air right now. Church is at 9, and then my family is coming over for dinner and I will be cooking when I get home from church. Then we will have a baby blessing (my new grandson) and then I will be going to a choir practice for the temple choir. I don't know how I will have time to take care of my dietary needs tomorrow. This is really program to eat sensibly so I will have to see how I do in the 'real world' and 'real family' situation.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the salads... I have not been in any sort of a salad mood lately. Been steaming broccoli and squash, can't bring myself to pull out the lettuce, but the eggs look so delish!!

    ReplyDelete