I love to cook! I have been a caterer and I am passionate about providing a comfortable atmosphere complete with excellent tasting food for those I love. The drawback: my yummy recipes are high in fat and don’t look good on me.
I want to try to compile great tasting food that is also healthy. Being accountable to you, the reader, will motivate me to continue my goals.
Here are my goals:
1. To be thin! OK, I am 56. Thin is out of my picture, but I want to be a comfortable size 10 or 12.
2. To enjoy the healthier recipes enough that they will remain a lifetime part of my cooking.
3. To reach out to others on a similar path.
Here is what I want to blog:
1. My road to a new and healthier body (weights and measurements).
2. Daily food and exercise along the way (pictures added).
3. The recipes and cost ($) of the food (calorie counts).
Beginning January 1, 2011, for one month I will try out a new low fat recipe everyday and blog my findings. Please share your thoughts. After 1 month, and I am successful, I would like to do a complete makeover on my yummy cook book.
Here I go!
Thursday, December 23, 2010
LET'S GET STARTED TODAY!
She called me again a couple of months ago and said "mom, since you love cooking so much and you have so many great recipes, you should adapt them to low fat and put them on a blog". I thought about it and then decided that I just couldn't do that to my recipes. I LOVE my recipes the way they are.
OK, I finally am feeling inspired. I think that I would like to try and I will keep a daily blog on my progress. Not just with the recipes, but about all of the things that I do each day. My body changing will also be a part of it.
Here are the things that I think that I want to accomplish:
1. My road to a new and healthier body (weights and measures)
2. Daily food and exercise along the way (pictures added)
3. The recipes and cost ($) of the food
I want to try different recipes each day for at least one month. I will begin on January 1, 2011.
I am a person that does not comply to a routine every day, so this will be quite the adventure. Should anyone want to comment or add suggestions to my list, it will be greatly appreciated. I am a great sharer of information.
Here I go!
No comments:
Post a Comment