I love to cook! I have been a caterer and I am passionate about providing a comfortable atmosphere complete with excellent tasting food for those I love. The drawback: my yummy recipes are high in fat and don’t look good on me.

I want to try to compile great tasting food that is also healthy. Being accountable to you, the reader, will motivate me to continue my goals.

Here are my goals:

1. To be thin! OK, I am 56. Thin is out of my picture, but I want to be a comfortable size 10 or 12.

2. To enjoy the healthier recipes enough that they will remain a lifetime part of my cooking.

3. To reach out to others on a similar path.

Here is what I want to blog:
1. My road to a new and healthier body (weights and measurements).
2. Daily food and exercise along the way (pictures added).
3. The recipes and cost ($) of the food (calorie counts).

Beginning January 1, 2011, for one month I will try out a new low fat recipe everyday and blog my findings. Please share your thoughts. After 1 month, and I am successful, I would like to do a complete makeover on my yummy cook book.

Here I go!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Diet List...........

When Jennifer suggested this, I said, who would want to read a blog about weight and recipes. Anyone can go to the Internet and find this stuff, but I am finding out that it takes a lot of time. So if someone wants to come to my blog and see what I am doing, you are welcome to it. For me, I hope that this will keep me motivated to keep going and not quit after 2 or 3 weeks as is usual for me. To think that someone is counting on me, I think that I can do this. Also it will be a good record for me to see what is working.

Now a little about me. diets! the story of my life. I do not remember a time when it has not consumed my thoughts. That is a very sad statement. I feel that it has kept me from many things. I have been on the following diets and gimmick programs:
Weight Watchers
TOPS
Mouth appliances
SCHICK (a 'shocking' think)
Over the counter Diet Pills
Phen Fen
Personal Trainer
Shots from a Doctor
HCG
South Beach
The Rotation Diet
Slim Fast
Perfect Protein'
Just eating Prepared Low Fat Dinners from the freezer section
Something that was put on my ear lobe and I was just suppose to rub my ear when I was hungry
Nutri Systems
Curves (yes, they have a diet too)
Atkins
American Heart Association

This list is embarrassing. I have never listed them all before, and I am ashamed. But as you can see, I have been trying to conquer this problem for years. I have prayed and received blessings from Ron. This is such a weakness that I have and I really want to overcome it. I want to be the master of my body instead of the other way around.

I am not going to spend any more money on this. I will go to the thrift stores and find books, menus and what ever it takes. Maybe my efforts will help me and someone else who might see themselves in this same situation. We can conquer this! and not help others take our hard earned money.

I ask forgiveness from my family for taking all of the money that I have used from them and their needs. I WILL GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME!

I guess that I should also mention that I did take a nutrition class at Salt Lake Community College. It taught me a lot, but I have not remembered it or put it to use. I did get an 'A' in the class and maybe now is the time to go back to the book and learn from it. One thing that I learned was a formula to let me know how many calories that I burn each day by just living and how many I need to burn to gain weight, loose weight or stay the same. It is called the EER formula. (Estimate of Energy Needs)

I found a web site (Calorie Foods & Recipes) that will automatically do this for you. They have it listed as the BURN METER. I have posted it on my favorite links bar.

My EER is 1980 calories just for being alive. I need to consume 1980 calories a day to maintain my current weight of 190 pounds. So to loose weight, I need to eat less than 1980 calories a day and start a new exercise program. One that is more aggressive than what I have been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment